Sunday, April 10, 2005

What do CD-R's, robots, and bathrooms at work have in common?

All 3 annoy me like hell:

CD-R's - as if I didn't have enough fun burning hundereds of CD-R's at work, every weekend my mother asks me to create these "mixes" for her as if she was a DJ or something. Do people realize how much effort actually goes into creating one of those things? Especially if it means taking tracks from 5 other disks?

Customer support robots - this is the 21st century and I of all people should know that it's time we start talking to robots. This would be great if the robots were not actually FREAKIN STUPID! You know what I'm talking about, many companies such as Sony use them nowadays. Now if I say "billing", right after the robot said "say 'billing' for billing", could it be that I mean "billing"? You begin notice a tone of impatience in the robot's voice as each successive attempt to pronounce the word properly fails. Why can't I just press 5 for billing? Whatever was wrong with that? One day the robots will take over the world and exterminate everyone who can't pronounce words perfectly.

Work bathrooms - you would think bathrooms at work would be the most civilized public bathrooms of the all. WRONG. Why can't people just use the bathroom the way it was meant to be used? As in, do your thing and get out, you know what I mean. No, people choose to make the bathroom their own social club. Let's see:
  • Talking to coworkers for 10 minutes at a time. You are discussing your family vacation in a public bathroom! Way to go! Bonus points if it's done while you're in a stall rather than in front of the mirror. The bathroom is just like a pub, isn't it? Except there is 0% chance a woman will come in.
  • Shaving with an electric shaver. Thats a winner.
  • Brushing teeth. You are the dental GOD! You brush your teeth after every meal! Doesn't matter how clean the bathroom is, you need to brush your teeth and you will brush them whether people like it or not.
  • Talking on the cellphone. Your clients are so important you gotta be on call 24/7. Even in the bathroom. I'm sure your clients also appreciate hearing those "bathroom sounds" and wonder what exactly is going on. I made a habit of flushing the toilet as soon as I hear somebody pick up their cellphone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home