Monday, May 30, 2005

My Idea of Fun

It has recently occured to me that my idea of fun is nowhere similar to what most people consider fun. For example, I absolutely hate big parties, clubs, and bars. I hate meeting new people, especially in those types of situations. I don't like extreme sports (except perhaps rock climbing). I would never try something like skydiving and rollercoasters make me puke (both literally and figurativelly speaking). I like to travel but I'm not especially keen on it. I don't like most of the stuff on TV, in fact I probably watch less than 2 hours of TV every week.

I DO like small parties with 3 or 4 close friends. I like spending time with a girlfriend somewhere quiet and romantic. I don't view driving a car as a chore, I see it as an adventure. I like to watch unusual and non-mainstream movies. I prefer thinking over talking. Deep inside I don't like people whose idea of fun doesn't match my own, and if there is nothing to loose (i.e. I'm not going out with them), I most certainly will get into an argument.


I think this pretty much explains why I don't get along with people. I definatelly inherited the cynical and hostile attitude towards people from my dad. Of course, I don't plan to change. All I need is to find someone who has a similar outlook on life. Unfortunatelly, it has so far proven more difficult than I expected.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eek said...

Typical social anxiety.

I was there; I've trained myself to enjoy the other activities.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I really like that puke can be "figurative."

7:22 AM  
Blogger NJX70 said...

I wonder about shit like that sometimes. I have a bizare standard for going out and having a good time too, and I wonder if our aversion to people who suck (aka have a totally different definition of fun) is our way of finding someone that enjoys what we enjoy. I do like going to bars and I do like parties, but not a lot. My favorite time is coming back half drunk at a reasonable hour and hanging out and finishing off the booze back at da crib. I don't like shutting down bars.

anyways, as you can see I haven't been here in a lil while so I'm going to spam this shit up.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ld I am on a quest looking for information on hotel romantic. I ran across your blog doing a search and thought I would stop by to see if you had any information. Hey, it is nice to see that other people like the same things I do. Anyway thanks for the read.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home