Sunday, May 29, 2005

Post-Collegenism: Chapter 2 - Beer, Pizza, Wrestling

Ever wonder what makes men tick? There you go: Beer, Pizza, Wrestling. That is the foundation for all the important decisions men make. And many important decisions are on horizon:

1) To rent or not to rent: seriously faced with the prospect of paying as much as $2000 a month for a 1-bedroom apartment, I have began to question my priorities. While I could easily afford this, I still don't want to be throwing so much money away. Heck, if I were to live in a place like PA I could get SIX appartments for the same money. There are only a few options left:

a) Get a roommate. While the obvious choice, it does little to solve the "throwing money away" issue.

b) Buy an apartment/house. A better idea, but I would have to live with parents for a few months to save up enough money for a down payment.

c) Get a rich girlfriend. Not realistic and purely imaginary. But I can't help but to think what would happen if I and Ally were to start going out. Afterall, her family is very well-off.

2) Graduate school: I have looked at catalogs for MBA programs and found one that I really like. I also know my employer would pay 100% of the tuition. Here is the thing - the average age of students in the program is 27. Not only will I be "the little kid" there, I can most certainly forget about finding a girlfriend while I'm at it. How pathetic: I evaluate an educational program based on my chances of finding a girlfriend there.

3) The Ally Situation: I just don't get her. I could-have, perhaps, maybe, would-have considered asking her out if she would just stop acting weird. After knowing her for 4 months I still can't predict what she will do or say. So far I can describe her as: not open minded, an air head, slightly delusional, independent and indifferent, totally lacks any understanding of relationships. On the other hand, sometimes she shows a more caring and softer side, but again that is rare and unpredictable. She says she is a "hopeless romantic", but I think she is just as much a "hopeless romantic" as I am a German fighter pilot.

I don't think there are any options left but to wait for the next weekend and perhaps more beer and pizza to sort all this out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Dude, I thought my rental rates were crazy, but that's insane!

Also, based on your description of Ally...why the hell are you still thinking about her?

5:50 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Holy crap! What city do you live in?

I'll bet you're still thinking about Ally because you lack any better options. Am I right?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Ld said...

Yeah, you're right.

And just for the record, I live in New york City. :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hold on, isn't NYC a mecca of hot, single women?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Ld said...

Is it really?

In that case my position is even more pathetic. :)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

'She says she is a "hopeless romantic", but I think she is just as much a "hopeless romantic" as I am a German fighter pilot.'

too funny! agree with jay, why the hell are you still thinking about her?

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home